Saturday, June 7, 2008

How motivated are your sellers?

Why in the world would I ever answer that question?

Well... hmmm... Let's see...


My clients put their home on the market during the worst housing downturn in decades and everyone in the country is telling them not to sell and wait till the market rebounds. But they're house is on the market anyway. What do you think? Are they?

So let me put it this way. How freakin' motivated are your buyers? Do you even know? Or are you one of the Agents at MENSA Realty who loads up the tire kickers, makes a hundred appointments, and wastes everybody’s time lugging people around who are never going to buy?

I'm in business to SELL Real Estate not LIST Real Estate. Let me explain something to you that hopefully will get past the whining noise coming out of your mouth. When I list a property it’s because my clients have hired me to SELL their property. So my listing is priced competitively, shows great, and all my paperwork is ready. I even have moving boxes waiting in the wings. So make an offer chucklehead.

Don't come to me with "how motivated are your sellers?" When what you really mean is "I am inept, haven't done my homework, and don't have the slightest idea how to screen potential buyers from time wasting tire kickers so will you disclose a little bit of your clients position to help me? Because we're all in this together right? (wink, wink). "

The answer is no.

Go back to your office, whine about how hard things are, keep working floor, and pray for the order taking days to come back. I've got a closing to go to.

-LISTING EXPIRED

No comments: