Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Less Selling, More Blogging

The folks over at http://www.geekestateblog.com/ generally have some good things going on. After all, we DO need to watch for and be aware of new trends and toys. I mostly lurk around the blogs figuring my scathing commentary doesn't add to the discourse. Plus, I actually spend most of my time selling Real Estate, not playing with things other people can do more efficiently than me and therefore are more cost effective for me to outsource. Not only that, but if I'm going to spend time reading about real estate it better be written by someone who has actually sold something in the last 6 months.

So, one of the big topics over there and in RE in general is the advent of video. At least the guys over at geekestateblog address the issues of poor quality, shaky videos, and talking heads that'll give you nightmares.

But I was a little surprised they let this one get by. www.geekestateblog.com/an-adventure-in-vimeo/ .

Let me just quote the first paragraph, the emphasis are mine:

"Video is the next frontier, or so they say. I have been wracking my brains for a way to utilize video on my Riverside real estate website, but since I am handicapped by not having any listings, I couldn’t do a listing tour."

I think I just wet myself....

-SOLD

No comments: